Presentation and Public Speaking Skills
Handing you …
Your “invisible toolbox” of
Voice and Communication Skills …
(Presented by Hillary Meikle A.N.E.A.)
- Speech Anxiety.
- Controlling Nerves.
- Intercostal Diaphragmatic Breathing.
- Controlling stammering and stuttering when giving a speech.
- Clarity of speech, flexibility, projection + resonance.
- Negative and Positive Signals.
- Posture, Body Language, Gestures, Facial Expressions and Eye Contact.
- The Power of Words and Storytelling.
- Speech Formula – How to Structure a Speech.
- Colour Psychology … How to use colour in your presentations, as well as in designing logos and websites etc. to subtly enhance your message.
- Listening Skills + Reflective Listening.
- Impromptu Speaking.
- Individual Speech Work – Compiling, polishing and fine-tuning.
- Unleashing the magic … and putting it all together!
About the coach: Hillary Meikle A.N.E.A:
Hillary Meikle is a certified TESOL English language Trainer who also has a Diploma in Dramatic Art and Stage Technique with the New Era Academy in London. She has more than 20 years’ experience in the Expressive Arts and Facilitation in the fields of Effective Communication, Voice Training and Drama.
Her early career was in television production and research, where she worked in South Africa for the SABC and then in the United Kingdom for ITV on various genres of TV shows, from Young Learners dramas and educational programmes to music, documentaries, news and current affairs.
In South Africa, Hillary has worked as a Voice and Communication Skills Facilitator for renowned companies, teaching various English communication and public speaking skills.
She also specializes in proofreading, research and speechwriting for various private and corporate clients. Since obtaining her TESOL Qualification, she has been teaching both groups and individual students English and Communication skills, as well as preparing students for their TOEFL exam.
Hillary’s passion is to teach and guide people in order to make a difference in their lives by equipping them with valuable communication and English language skills. She is adept in working with people of all ages and from all walks of life.
Please note that LETA also offers customised training workshops for individuals and packages for company groups.
- Saturday 2,5 hours
- One class per week (Saturday)
- 4 Weeks
Start Date for 2020:
- February 1st, 2020
- March 7th, 2020
- April 4th, 2020
- May 2nd, 2020
- June 6th, 2020
- July 4th, 2020
Costs: 1990 ZAR
No registration fee!